Thursday 29 January 2015

Day 29: "Change"

Sponsor me by clicking here!
The Gates Foundation: 5 ways to save newborn lives for less than $5 a day
As I've done this challenge, I've learn new things, often drawing on my twitter feed for inspiration to bring to this Blog. This week Bill and Melinda Gates released their Big Bets for the Future, in the Gates Annual Letter 2015. It's an inspiring read. For a summary, see the video below.



They present the argument that the child death rate will be cut in half in the next 15 years.


They make a call for people to become global citizens and make a difference:

Click here
I have learnt during my 30for30 challenge, many things. With one more day to go, I am thinking about the next steps I'll take to turn empathy into action, as I have tried to do by raising funds for World Vision.

Today's Poem

with a break
of heart, and fear
this journey came.
Alice Walker whispered
"each one pull one",
packed her bags, came with me.
and I saw into the mud
where your feet walked
where my feet (shod) left marks.
i am bookmarked 
between poetry, keyboard, muscles, whiteness:
it is a small gesture Alice,
I pulled. And I pulled.


Merilyn Childs, 29/01/2015

Alice Walker reading "Each One, Pull One" from Her Blue Body Everything We Know: Earthling Poems 1965-1990 


Alice Walker - 'Each one pull one' (poem) by mickeynold

No comments:

Post a Comment