Thursday 1 January 2015

Day 1: "Corridors"

Sponsor me by clicking here!


Today's theme is "corridors"
because dealing with infant health for many means hours waiting & worrying.

My fitness challengeMy goal is to do 3 x 30 supported pull-ups at Level 1 by 30th January 2015. And to write a poem everyday.

My progress: Today I went to the gym and established my base-line at 1 x 25, 1 x 20 and 1 x 12 supported pull-ups at Level 1.

To achieve progress I do lot of stretching and isometric exercises, ball work, weights, and walking (in the gym, and outside) mixing it up everyday.


Today's poem:

Corridor, 1985
i think i screamed.
wailed at least.
was it me, thus in a wheelchair?
wild, crazy, indestructible me?
the white tiles shiny/shiny
the walls passing/passing
some vague figure pushing:
pushing/pushing    pushing

the end of the hall kept it's distance
reluctant for my arrival
your arrival.
me: time-looped
in the dark-shifting corridor,
just where the hinges swung
just where an empty cot hovered.


Merilyn Childs 1/1/2015












No comments:

Post a Comment