Monday 29 December 2014

Counting down - minus 3 days til 30for30 challenge

Walking with friends in the bush this morning,
recovering from a backburn in October 2014

  Preparing


Sponsor me by clicking here!

I've been preparing for 2015 for a while. It only happens once that your deceased child turns 30, and symbolically, I was 30 when she was stillborn. So at 30 she may have also had a child (or not, her choice) who I will never know. That's how this story works - infant loss can be of the moment, as well as existential and emerging. But it strengthens me enormously to know and support so many strong, diverse, bright young women making their own life choices - maneuvering and articulating their own life stories - around me. Other women's children, surviving the first 30 days, is important!

I've also been preparing physically for the 30for30 challenge for 6 weeks. So I'm not coming at it "cold" as I'd like to end the 30 days without an injury.

Preparing
it feels possible
a sentence; controlled/
verb, noun, participle, colon
acts/dates/lines:
go that way.
then sun falls
burns grass/seers
the smell of charcoal
the smell of charcoal
smeered

Merilyn Childs
29/12/2014




No comments:

Post a Comment