Tuesday 20 January 2015

Days 19-20: "Burden"

Sponsor me by clicking here!

Today's theme: "Burden". 
My fitness challenge: My goal is to do 3 x 30 supported pull-ups at Level 1 by 30th January 2015. And to write a poem everyday.

My progress: On 19th January (yesterday) I walked for 5km. Today (20th January) I set myself a different challenge - to see how far I could walk carrying two buckets with 5 litres of water in each bucket. It turned out I managed only 1km. The pain my my arms and shoulder joints was tough, and I became worried I'd do an injury that would stop me achieving my overall challenge. I did this challenge because I wanted to understand more about the burden of collecting water for women in the developing world when pregnant. My small challenge was nothing compared to theirs. After the 1 km, I then did a fast 2 km through local streets.

Poems
From: http://girlsglobe.org/2013/12/12/the-burden-of-collecting-water-while-pregnant-2/

Burden
mine is a noun:
quick, flowing-
a blue bucket
on an asphalt street.

Burden Two
hers is an endless
relentless verb:
to.


Merilyn Childs 20/1/2015








No comments:

Post a Comment