Friday 30 January 2015

Day 30: "Heart"

Sponsor me by clicking here!

Today's theme: "Heart"
My fitness challenge: My goal was to do 3 x 30 supported pull-ups at Level 1 by 30th January 2015. And to write a poem everyday. 

TODAY I ACHIEVED MY GOAL! In achieving my goal I raised $758.50 for World Visions' 30for30 fitness challenge! I did 3 x 30 supported pull-ups at Level 1 by today, 30th January 2015. And I wrote a poem everyday. 

Yay! I achieved my goal!

Today's poem

Heart

it's still there
as are you:
as she is:
like sound
like sound.


Postscript
It seemed obvious to me to do the 30for30  fitness challenge. As I said at the beginning, this year I turn 60 and my deceased daughter would have turned 30. I was 30 when she was stillborn. I was dreading the start of 2015, and 30for30 gave me hope, strength and focus - and yes, distraction. It also allowed me to turn my deep-felt empathy for other mothers, and other babies, to action. 

During the challenge my mother's Alzheimer's suddenly deteriorated and she had a fall on Day 28. On Day 30 she was in a difficult state, so achieving my goal was one of those life moments - great pleasure and deep pain. 30for30 helped me more than I can say. I am very glad I was able to raise funds to help infants in their first 30 days. Thank you World Vision.

1 comment:

  1. A little belated .. but what a fantastic achievement, Merilyn!!
    Thanks for sharing this and for expressing your ups, downs and motivations so eloquently : )
    Janine

    ReplyDelete