Thursday 15 January 2015

Day 15: "Gap"

HALF WAY THROUGH THE CHALLENGE!

Sponsor me by clicking here!

Today's theme: "Gap"

My fitness challenge: My goal is to do 3 x 30 supported pull-ups at Level 1 by 30th January 2015. And to write a poem everyday.

My progress: I began today with a visit to the gym. I did all round fitness training, and also focused on lat pull-downs as a way of preparing for the supported pull-ups. Today I achieved 3 x 30 lat pull-downs at 50 kilo setting. I could not have done this at the start of the challenge, so I'm pleased!!

Reflection: Because of people doing this challenge, more than $87,000 has been raised so far for World Vision Australia's campaign to improve the survival and health of babies in their first 30 days of life!

Today's Poem:

Gap
I squeezed in to the ball room.
Madeleine was there,
and an injured paramedic with a trainer.
I had to wait my turn.
It crossed my mind that it should be
bigger, cooler, better equipped.
Mental note (or so I said): 
"Next time after 10
There'll be a bigger gap":
#firstworldproblem

Merilyn Childs 15/01/2015

[World Vision reports that "child deaths have been almost cut in half, from 12.6 million per year in 1990 to to 6.6 million in 2012. Despite this welcome progress the Killer Gap report 2013 shows that millions of children, including the 6.6 million who sadly died in 2012, are still not benefiting from improvements."]



No comments:

Post a Comment